Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's my party...














So, I've never thrown a party for kids. NEVER. We decided to only invite the kids Wes actually plays with. I thought I'd keep it simple...cupcakes, snacks and playing at the park. I bought sidewalk chalk because there were some older kids coming and I knew they'd like it. Well, luck of all luck...I chose the ONLY day where it poured rain. We moved the party indoors and the kids were great! There were no tragedies with the green frosting in the house (my couches and floors are all still the right color). Wes only ate a little of the chalk while the kids drew on the porch and everyone played nicely. Nothing got broken beyond repair. It was surprisingly enjoyable and I found myself thinking that I could do kids' parties and LIKE them. So, we'll be in England next year with a whole new set of friends...but already my mind is conjuring up fun for next year's party. Here are a myriad of shots from the party (and I'm posting most of them because everyone likes to see "their" kid!)

2 comments:

Micaela said...

Cute kids!;) We had a lot of fun!

Tera said...

You did a great JOB!! You are a party animal!! Be sure to send pictures of your future parties!! I especially love the BIG BOY photo!! Have a great day!