Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Friday and Saturday- Sick

I guess I should have known it was coming. With the time change, the stress, and the lack of sleep…it was only a matter of time before someone in this house got sick. Weslee was the first. He came down with a fever and diarreaha on Friday morning. He got a horrible rash on his bum which made it all worse. I ended up having to go and purchase some more Desitin because although I know I packed diaper rash supplies somewhere in our six humongous bags of stuff…I can’t find it anywhere. I don’t know where I put it. I’m even beginning to have doubts that I brought it at all. Perhaps it got sent to storage by accident. Oh well. We have fresh supplies now.

I was the next to come down with it. I didn’t ever run a fever, but I felt awful. Kevin was sweet and let me sleep much of the day on Saturday. I slept in until 1pm. I was only awake a couple of hours before I needed to sleep again. I slept while Weslee napped. And, by the time I awoke, the sun had already gone down, at 4:30 pm! So, Saturday was a day in which I never saw the sun.

It had some bad consequences for us. I get cabin fever pretty easily…and we found out tonight that Weslee does too. We kept him inside today because it was raining and because all of us are exhausted and not feeling well. Well, even though he wasn’t in tip-top shape didn’t mean he didn’t have a ton of energy…and he took it out on every thing and every one he was near. The poor cat received several beatings from him, which annoyed and scared the cat and exasperated his parents. Kevin was almost whacked upside the head several times with the broom that Weslee was swinging around. And, by the end of the night, the whining alone would have driven anyone bonkers. I wondered at the end of the night if we would survive the next two weeks stuck in this tiny room until our house is ready for us to move into. I’m excited that tomorrow will get us out of the house. We’re headed to Stake Conference in Norwich.

No comments: