Friday, April 11, 2008

Shoe fettish...


OK, I'll admit it, I have a serious problem! I have a shoe fettish. I don't get to indulge this part of me very often, but when I do, I get all giddy inside. Not quite as giddy as getting a new lense, but giddy enough to get super hyper and begin talking with lots of hand gestures (it runs in the family when we're excited or just trying to tell a story. Actually, come to think of it, we talk with hand gestures all of the time.) I usually like all of the shoes I purchase. Every now and then I make a dumb purchase (like satin shoes to go with a prom dress...yuck!) They don't happen often. We're talking like once every 5 years or so. But, then again, every so often I run across a pair of shoes that I just love and would wear every day if I could. (My normal outfit of sweat pants and t-shirt don't look too good with these shoes). These red flats are just such a pair. I love these bright, "look at me, look at me" shoes. Now I know why Dorothy wore ruby red slippers. You feel special and very chic in them. I thought I would document my fettish for the world today...(And, I needed SOMETHING to photograph on this dreary rainy day...right?)

4 comments:

Alissa said...

i have a similar pair of red flats... freaking love them... come to think of it, i haven't worn them in a while... i think in honor of you, i'll wear them today. Thank you!

teri hales said...

Yea! You're sure to have a good day with your red flats on. I have a Young Women's dance to chaperone tonight...I think I'll wear mine too!

Tera said...

WOW WOW WOW!! I love this photo. It looks just like a magazine cover. I am really impressed. I don't think a shoe fettish is a problem, more a great gift. I got it too!! Have a great day!

Micaela said...

This is an AWESOME picture!! I love it!