Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oatmeal


So, my mom just left from a fabulous visit. Well, it was fabulous for me, and she SWEARS it was fabulous for her...but she was sick the whole time. Throughout the night I could hear her coughing. I thought FOR SURE she'd lose a lung. But, she's back home safely in the USA with both of her lungs. Whew! (That was close).

Anyway, the very first thing she did when she got off the plane, after kissing Weslee mercilessly was hand him a hand-crafted, homemade-with-love little bunny that my sister in law made for him. Mom and I thought he should have a British name since we are having this fabulous UK adventure for the next few years. We called him "King Henry". We called him that for approximately 12 hours. But, Wes had his own ideas for this bunny's name. He named him "Oatmeal".

It's an appropriate name. He looks like oatmeal. Weslee likes oatmeal. So, it's a compliment to the bunny. Anyway, he loves sleeping with Oatmeal now along with "Sheepie" (his partner in crime and his best comforter) and Port-a-Peep, the smaller, more portable version of Sheepie.

Anyway, this is a shout out to Tessa, my very gifted Sister in Law. Thank you, thank you for the cute bunny. And to all of you who don't know Tessa, she makes the most awesome vintage stuff. Check her out at http://www.tessamariearanda.com/.

No comments: