Friday, October 31, 2008

Denae's Delicious Taco Dip

This was a dip my friend, Denae, made for our going away party. She cooks alot like me, which goes something like this... "Hmmm, I need a taco dip and didn't buy any Velveeta. Oh well, I've got Mexican stuff on hand. We'll see what we can whip together". Thus, this recipe is just as Denae gave it to me, verbally, I might add. She apologized, like she always does, for using us as guinea pigs. I'm with her husband when he says that we must be the "best fed guinea pigs ever". It was an amazing dip. I haven't recreated it yet, but it's here so I won't forget it. If you're intimidated by recipes that include instructions that use terms like "throw in a little of" and "to taste", this recipe is not for you. I will try the recipe and try to post it later with more specific instructions. If you are daring enough to take the taco dip challenge with me though...this dip was WAY better than anything Velveeta ever made!

Ingredients:
Cream of chicken soup
Hamburger meat, browned and simmered in taco seasoning
Cream Cheese
Sour Cream
Small jar of cheese dip, just the plain cheese not with spices already in it...(on a personal note, I'm thinking it's like cheese whiz or something)
Colby Jack shredded cheese
Rotel tomatoes (you know, the canned stuff you usually combine with velveeta)

Directions (pretty much directly from Denae's mouth, but modified so I can understand them better):

Well, I just threw together all of the stuff and let it simmer in a crockpot until it was time for the party. I think I used one can of cream of chicken and just a jar of cheese dip I had laying around. It was the kind without the spices and stuff in it...just the plain cheese. I made hamburger meat like I was going to make it for tacos and just threw it in. Really, I just kept throwing stuff in that I thought would go together and make it cheesy and creamy.

Teri says while eating her fourth plate of dip: "I like it alot better...crunch, chomp, gulp..."

Denae: "Yeah, me too. I'm glad you like it".

Teri: smiles, gets more chips and dip.

No comments: