Monday, October 6, 2008

My poor child...



Any mom out there who has travelled for any distance in a car with a toddler can tell you that toddlers DON'T like to be restrained in a car seat for any length of time. They don't enjoy the scenery. The don't appreciate long, much needed naps (like their mothers), and they don't appreciate playing with the same toys, reading the same books, or even eating the same foods for days on end. They like variety and adventure!

So, being the smart mom that I am...I created some adventure. Sometimes I danced like a crazy person to the music coming from the radio. Sometimes I gave "Popcorn Popping" a funny, crazy twist. Sometimes I went far beyond the limits of normal. This is one such moment. After hours of driving, Wes decided he had had enough. We were only 30 minutes from our destination, and of course, we didn't want to stop. So, SUPER MOM had to come to the rescue. I put on his travel bag as a hat, used his "super mask" from one of his favorite books...and Super Mom made an appearance in the car. Wes immediately quit crying and looked at me as if I were the most retarded person on earth. You can still see his stunned look in the pictures above. He didn't quite know what to think.
Kevin, on the other hand, knew exactly what to think. He apologized to Weslee for having such a strange mother and then laughingly accused me of making our kid strange. I told him that I wasn't making our kids strange...I was making them interesting! I still hold to that position.
Somehow, looking at these pictures, I realized that somewhere down the road, Wes won't just look at me with a stunned expression. He'll turn red, and walk very quickly away from wherever I am, and pretend not to know me. My days of being an embarrassment are starting, I think...and he's not even 2!

1 comment:

Micaela said...

LOL!!! That's awesome!! Hahaha!!!